As I am sure you can all imagine, I did speak a little too soon when I suggested that we were well on schedule for the submission of the IRD. However, with only a little rushing around as the 22nd loomed, we managed to get it in on time. One of the last activities we undertook was a meeting of 14 or 15 members of staff involved with e-learning across the University to discuss the institutional drivers for e-learning. One of the initial and most significant comments was that, really, we do not have institutional drivers, rather there are common reasons across the University for take up, the second comment was that the drivers provided were, on the whole, not relevant to the Cambridge context. In the end we settled on the key drivers of improvements to quality of learning and teaching, greater efficiency, and student pressure as the most significant, with one or two other, less important factors. It was a really interesting meeting for both the organisers and the attendees.